Sergio Oliva's Wednesday Routine
Sit-ups- 10 Sets of 50 Reps
Leg Raises- 5 Sets of 20 Reps
Sidebends with Bar Behind Neck- 5 Sets, No Specification on Reps
-5 Sets with increasingly heavier weight
-5 Reps on Sets 1-4 and 4 Reps on Set 5.
Calf Raises- 10 Sets of 8 Reps
Sergio Oliva's Thursday Routine
Bench Press- 7 Sets of 5 Reps, increasingly heavier weight
Press Behind Neck/Machine Rows Super Sets
-5 Reps on Press
-No Rep Specification for Machine Rows
Seated Shoulder Press with Dumbbells- No Rep or Set Specification
Dips- 5 Sets of 8 Reps (No Weight)
- If the exercise does not say the weight increases, pick a weight to stick with for the exercise.
- If an exercise does not have reps or sets specified, use your own judgement on how you feel that day.
- For the sit-ups, it is conceivable that at some point you can add weight, but I would say not to until you can do all 10 sets of 50 reps without fail.
- The leg raises, I suppose, are hanging leg raises. The legs need to remain straight as you do them and come up as high as you can.
- When doing sidebends with a bar behind your neck, please collar the bar well and try not to do too much weight too soon.
- The first time you do any of these workouts will be a learning experience of how much weight you should use. I was going to list Oliva's weights, but they are really quite ridiculous with the sets and reps he does. I will, however, post the photos that have them listed on them.