Thursday, July 30, 2009
Baki, the Sportman
First of all, stretch well.
1. Run 2 Miles (Fast a pace as possible)
2. Fingertip Push-ups (5 Fingers)- Max Reps
3. Pull-ups (any variation)- Max Reps
4. Fingertip Push-ups (minus pinky)- Max Reps
5. Pull-ups- Max Reps
6. Fingertip Push-ups (minus pinky and ring finger)- Max Reps
7. Pull-ups- Max Reps
8. Fingertip Push-ups (minus pinky, ring, and middle)- Max Reps
9. Pull-ups- Max Reps
10. Fingertip Push-ups (on thumbs)- Max Reps
11. Pull-ups- Max Reps
12. Fingertip Push-ups (5 Fingers)- Max Reps
13. Pull-ups- Max Reps
Of course you won't be able to go all the way to your thumb at first, just get as far as you can. Eventually, you'll be able to do much more. You can do the reflex training I mentioned in the Grappler Baki Episode IX post, or you can just skip it. It's up to you.
Also, you can opt to do 5 Finger Fingertip Push-ups on all of the sets until you are ready to go to this level. This is probably a smart choice if that's the most you can do to begin with.
Good luck, and train hard!
Here are some really good training resources for you guys. They include links to "how-to" exercise videos and martial arts websites.
1. http://crossfit.com Great resource. Really useful demonstrations.
2. http://www.ultimatejujitsu.com/ Good resource for traditional Jujitsu and Brazilian Jujitsu.
3. http://kata-reference.com/ Karate and kung fu forms
4. http://www.bodybuilding.com/ Tons of fitness information.
5. http://www.fightauthority.com/ Martial arts videos, fights, and techniques.
Hope this helps you guys with your training. Train hard!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
It's like an anime montage, but slowed down! Watch as John Duffy becomes the hero he was always meant to be, while saving his own life ...
Support us on Patreon! The Goku Training Program Master Post (In Chronological Order) Goku's Early Training Roshi's Trainin...
Support us on Patreon! Ninja Movement Naruto Ninja Movement: The Challenge Naruto Ninja Movement Naruto Ninja Movement 2.0- Workout #...
I was thinking the other day about the kind of training that Grandpa Gohan would've put Goku through in his early years and that it migh...