- Just to clarify, you don't need to do the Monday-Saturday workouts on their respective days. It's perfectly OK to do Monday on a Friday, because generally Real Anime Training workouts are not done in any particular order, unless of course you've constructed some sort of themed training program from them. :)
- Unless noted as Dumbbell, use a straight bar for all lifts.
- For Pull-ups, you are welcome to use whatever grip you like or even alternate between different grips. You can even use a weights if you like.
- Extending Heavy Curls, I assume, is just biceps curls with a straight bar. Be sure not to cheat with your hips on this movement and use full range of motion, which means a split-second hang at the very bottom of the movement.
- Preacher Curls
- Dumbbell Preacher Curls
- French Curls
- You are more than welcome to cut the sets down at the beginning of your training and please be mindful not to jump ahead in weight too quickly. It is better to start at a weight you can handle and build from that point, than to improperly do an exercise with too much weight and see no significant strength gains or (worse) get injured.
Monday, January 17, 2011
Grappler Baki- Oliva's Training (Part 1)
In Grappler Baki, Biscuit Oliva (yeah, that's his name) is a massively powerful man, covered in slabs of muscles. As a matter of fact, he has so much muscle he doesn't really even dodge knives because his muscles are so thick and he actually got shot in the chest with a shotgun and was fine (honestly, I can't see it being a very low gauge, but still! It's a damn shotgun!). In the world of Grappler Baki, Oliva is known as Unchained, lives in the Arizona State Prison and can pretty much do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. He and Yujiro are even (kind of) friends, which says something about his badass-ness.
Anyway, his character is actually based on real-life bodybuilder Sergio Oliva, who is just a monster of a man, even though he no longer competes in bodybuilding. After some research, I've come across some workouts of his. There are six days of training listed, Monday-Saturday, and it's quite intense. On that note, you need to take into account some things when looking at the frequency, volume, and intensity of these workouts: To have that much muscle and to recover quickly enough to lift in this manner almost 100% of the time requires steroid use... no ifs, ands, or buts. I'm not telling you to use them, I'm just letting you know that if you attempt to tackle this program full-on, especially if you are not already in shape, you will most likely overtrain and possibly injure yourself. At the end, I'll also post some pictures of the workouts with the actual weights Oliva would use.
Here are the first two workouts:
Sergio Oliva's Monday Routine
Bench Press/Pull-up Super Sets
-8 Reps on Bench Press with increasingly heavier weight.
-15 Rep Max on Pull-ups (don't go over 15 reps in a set)
Dumbbell Flyes/Dips Super Sets
-15 Reps on Flyes
-Max Reps on Dips
Sergio Oliva's Tuesday Routine
Overhead Press- 5 Sets of 10 Reps (Keep the same weight)
Extending Heavy Curls- 5 Sets of 5 Reps (Keep the same weight)
French Curls- 5 Sets of 5 Reps (Keep the same weight)
Scott (Preacher) Curls with Bar- 5 Sets of 10 Reps (Keep the same weight)
Scott (Preacher) Curls with Dumbbells- 5 Sets of 5 Reps (Keep the same weight- one arm at a time.)
Seated Dumbbell Triceps/Triceps Press Down Super Set
-5 Reps Dumbbell Triceps
-No Specification for Triceps Press Downs
That's all for today. Sorry for the slowness recently. Since there aren't a whole lot of "bodybuilding" type workouts in Real Anime Training, I hope you enjoy the variety that these workouts bring to the table. Until next time, good luck and train hard!
It's like an anime montage, but slowed down! Watch as John Duffy becomes the hero he was always meant to be, while saving his own life ...
Support us on Patreon! The Goku Training Program Master Post (In Chronological Order) Goku's Early Training Roshi's Trainin...
Support us on Patreon! Ninja Movement Naruto Ninja Movement: The Challenge Naruto Ninja Movement Naruto Ninja Movement 2.0- Workout #...
I was thinking the other day about the kind of training that Grandpa Gohan would've put Goku through in his early years and that it migh...