-Run 10k (approx 6.2 miles)
Afternoon (4-6 hours later)
-3 x 50 Reps Back and Forth Shifts
-1500 Racket Swings
Evening (3-4 hours later)
- This is obviously a lot of running, so you'll need to work your way up to it. The manga said jog 10k, but I guess that just means a steady pace, honestly. This is a workout you'd be committing pretty much the whole of your day to accomplish, so be prepared. Maybe use the morning run as a way to loosen up, the afternoon run as a way to push yourself, and perhaps take it easy on the evening run, kind of using it as a recovery run.
- For "Tennis Practice" you can just play tennis if you like, but you could also practice hitting the tennis ball against a wall, practice serving the ball, or just play around with bouncing the tennis ball on the racket. In general, you just want to get comfortable handling the ball, if you are not already a tennis player. If you already play tennis, just go ahead and practice like normal.
- Back and Forth Shifts are simply standing with your feet a little wider than shoulder-width, knees slightly bent, maybe even a racket in your hands, and being poised to move either left or right. One rep is pushing off with one foot and shifting slightly in the opposite direction and then doing the same thing on the other side to get back in the original position.
- 1500 Racket Swings is obviously a lot, so I understand if you have to work up to it. You can practice your fore swing or back swing or over head swing or whichever swing you'd like. You can do it on both sides if you want, but do no more than 1500 total swings, whichever ones you choose. You don't need to only do one type of swing per your training session, so have fun practicing any of the swings you know.
- If you are thinking of using this workout to supplement your tennis training, please don't do this every day, because if you aren't use to it, you're likely to overtrain or injure yourself, which is not a road you want to go down.
Hope you guys enjoyed this Prince of Tennis workout! I like to throw these workouts from sports anime in from time to time just for fun. :D
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!