You'll need all your previous equipment from the last Phase, as well as
- 8-16# Sledgehammer
- Wheelbarrow, Sled, or Prowler
- Barbell or Heavy Logs
- Weight Plates or Heavy Rocks
- Dumbbells, Kettlebells, Empty Buckets, or Farmer's Carry Bars
- Pool or Lake
|This is you. Get used to it.|
- Front Carry w/50 lbs 5x25 yards (Bar, Weight Plates, Rock, or Filled Bucket)
- Sledgehammer Swings- 25 each side
- Wheelbarrow Push w/100 lbs 5x25 yards (Sub out Sled or Prowler)
- Overhead Carry w/50 lbs 5x25 yards (Bar, Rock, or Log)
- Farmer’s Walk 50 lbs/hand 5x25 yards (Bar, Dumbbells, Filled Buckets or KB)
- Sprints 2x50 yards
- Swim 1/4 Mile
Above is Level 1 of Roshi's Training. To progress, every time you complete the workout (which will be three times a week), you will increase weights and/or distance on every exercise you complete without failure. Follow the progression below.
- Add 5-10# to each "Carry" until you double the weight you are using
- Once you double the weight using the above increments, double your distances. (25 yards becomes 50 yards)
- Once you've doubled the weight and the initial distances, continue to add weight to each exercise in 5-10# increments until Phase 2 is complete. REMEMBER: Only add weight if you complete the movement without failing. If you drop the weight before the set is over, you do not go up on the next workout!!!!
- Add 10 Swings of the Sledgehammer per side each workout during this Phase.
- For the sets of Sprinting, add an additional set of 50 yards to progress, until you reach 8 sets.
- Keep the distance on the swim the same.