Until then... enjoy!
Workout #7: Cuchullain
(30 Seconds Rest Between All Sets)
- Weight Lift Burpees- 3 x 10 Reps
- Weighted Bag Box Jumps- 4 x 5 Reps
- High Jump Squats- 3 x 20 Reps
- Broad Jump Squats- 3 x 10 Reps
- Single Leg Squat Hops- 3 x 8 Reps
- Jumping Pull-ups- 3 x 5 Reps
- If you are new to exercise, do all the exercises without jumping and replace the box jumps with step-ups.
- For Weight Lift Burpees, perform a Burpee with a 20kg (~45#) weight in front of you. As you stand up, grab the weight and jump with it as you raise it overhead.
- You will wear a backpack of some sort for the Box Jumps with at least 20kg of soft weight (like a sandbag). You will squat down to full depth, jump on the box, stand up all the way and then jump off the other side into a squat. That is one rep.
- You should be trying to jump as high as possible on each High Jump Squat.
- For the Broad Jump Squats, make sure you squat first before jumping as far as you can ahead of yourself, landing in a squat. Stand up all the way to complete the rep.
- For Single Leg Squat Hops, you will stand on one leg, with the other out in front of you. If you've done Pistol Squats, this is the same thing, however, as you come out of the bottom of the squat, do so explosively so that you hop at the top. Switch legs and repeat for 1 Rep. If you cannot do one-legged squats, you may do them to a box as a one-legged box squat/sit and stand.
- For jumping pull-ups, squat down and jump up to the pull-up bar, pulling until your chin reaches over the bar.
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!