"Roshi's Training" Workout
(Note: Do NOT attempt the next level without first completing the previous level in its entirety three times. If you fail on a set, continue your workout, but do not count the workout as going towards the three needed successes.)
Front Carry w/50 lbs 5x25 yards
Sledgehammer Swings- 25 each side
Wheelbarrow Push w/100 lbs 5x25 yards
Overhead Carry w/50 lbs 5x25 yards
Farmer’s Walk 50 lbs/hand 5x25 yards
Sprints 2x50 yards
Front Carry w/100 lbs 5x25 yards
Sledgehammer Swings- 50 each side
Wheelbarrow Push w/200 lbs 5x25 yards
Overhead Carry w/100 lbs 5x25 yards
Farmer’s Walk 100 lbs/hand 5x25 yards
Sprints 4x50 yards
Front Carry w/150 lbs 5x50 yards
Sledgehammer Swings- 100 each side
Wheelbarrow Push w/250 lbs 5x50 yards
Overhead Carry w/100 lbs 5x50 yards
Farmer’s Walk 100 lbs/hand 5x50 yards
Sprints 6x50 yards
Front Carry w/200 lbs 5x50 yards
Sledgehammer Swings- 200 each side
Wheelbarrow Push w/250 lbs 5x100 yds
Overhead Carry w/100 lbs 5x100 yards
Farmer’s Walk 150 lbs/hand 5x50 yards
Sprints 8x50 yards
A note on the exercises:
- The poundages listed are not set in stone. It would probably be best if you could find some big rock to carry for each of these, seeing as how rocks are awkward and training with them will make you really strong. If you can't get big rocks, a flat on which sodas are delivered on with some weights piled on it will do nicely.
- For the Front Carry: The weight or rock can be carried arms extended downward, with just your fingers holding on or by hugging the implement or tucking it into the crux of your elbows.
- When swinging the sledgehammer, always swing at something. This can be a tire or a big piece of wood.
- The Wheelbarrow Push can be done uphill or on flat ground.
- Be very careful when lifting heavy weights overhead. If you think you are going to drop it mid-stride, let it fall behind you and keep moving forward quickly.
- For the Farmer's Walk, 5 Gallon buckets or dumbbell may be used. Also, strongman style farmer's walk apparatus is acceptable and probably better for the heavier weights.
- Rest for as long as you need to in between sets and exercises, but ideally you should be working up to having just 1 Minute of rest in between sets.
- For the swim, make sure to go as hard as you can, although you'll probably be pretty tired from the rest of the workout.