There have even been veritable heroes of Minecraft birthed, due to the nature of the internet, with players like DanTDM, Captain Sparkles, and Stampy Cat getting millions and millions of views on nearly every video they post. People love Minecraft. They want to live in the Minecraft world.
SO, I MADE A MINECRAFT WORKOUT!
|This looks like a job for... Steve!!|
Daytime Strength and Conditioning
- Wood Chopping- 1 Minute
- Log Deadlift and Carry- 50 Meters (at least 50#)
- Pick-ax to Dirt/Stone- 1 Minute
- Stone Deadlift and Carry- 50 Meters (at least 50#)
- Shoveling Dirt- 1 Minute
- 5-Gallon Dirt-Bucket Lift and Carry- 50 Meters
AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) in 10 Minutes
Sunset Rest- 90 Seconds
Nighttime Skill and Cardio
- Sprint 100 Meters (toward optional wooden sword)
- 20 Punches (pick up sword if available)
- Sprint 100 Meters (holding optional wooden sword)
- 20 Sword Swings (or Punches)
- Sprint 100 Meters (dropping optional sword before start)
- 20 Box Jumps @ 24"
AMRAP in 7 Minutes
Sunrise Rest- 90 Seconds
Complete Workout 1 to 3 times, depending on fitness
- You will need the following equipment to complete this workout: An ax or hatchet, some logs and stones, a pick-ax, an area of dirt you can dig up or a pile of dirt, a shovel, and a 5-gallon bucket.
- If you are just starting out, you can go slowly with your minute of wood chopping, pick-ax, and shoveling. That will allow you to adjust the pace to your fitness level.
- Try to get a log and a stone that are as smooth as possible, so you are not scraping your skin up too much.
- When you deadlift the stone or the log, try to hug it toward your chest, so that it is easier to move with. You'll do the same thing with the 5-gallon bucket filled with dirt, which should weight just below 50#.
- When shoveling the dirt, you can either fill up your bucket with dirt or, if it is already full, just toss the dirt into another pile beside the pile you already have.
- When 10 minutes is up, stop, even if you are in the middle of a cycle of wood chopping, shoveling, or swinging the pick-ax.
- If you don't have a wooden sword, that's fine. Just do punches during the part where you would be swinging the sword.
- If you don't have a box or something like that to jump onto, you could potentially jump onto the pile of dirt you have, if it is tall enough. Make sure you stand up completely at the top of the box jump before you jump back down or step down.
- Make good use of your rest periods. If you can only get through the Day before you have to stop, that's fine. If you can make it through a whole cycle, congratulations!! As you progress, you can add more Day Cycles (up to 3 total) or you can increase the weight of the log and rock during the Day portion of the workout. Also, you can make it more difficult by pushing yourself harder during the minute "Mining" portions.
- Make sure to eat a few porkchops and maybe a piece of cake after all this! (Okay, maybe not the cake.)
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!