The premise is that Danny was relying too much on his ghost powers and not on any of his natural abilities, evidenced by his inability to run very far or fast or do any pull-ups. This was brought up because the characters were getting ready for the Presidential Fitness Challenge. At any rate, Danny's powers end up getting taken away for a little while and he has to rely on his natural skills to survive and, thus, realizes that physical fitness it important.
The following workout is based on the Presidential Fitness Challenge exercises for the youth (there are other standards for adults... they are similar, but were going for authenticity, here).
The exercises for the test are (Click on the links for descriptions):
The workout is going to be preparing you for the test, not necessarily doing the test. What you'll need to do first is test your maximum number of push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, the sit and reach, and your mile and shuttle run times. Once you've establish those base lines (by actually performing the Presidential Fitness Test on your own), then you can use those results to do the following workout.
Danny's Fitness Test Workout
- Sit-ups- 3 Sets MAX in One Minute
- Pull-ups- 3 Sets (Rep Percent of Max Rounded Down: 50/60/80)
- Push-ups- 3 Sets (Rep Percent of Max Rounded Down: 50/60/80)
- Shuttle Run- 2 Sets
- One Mile OR 1.5 Mile Run
- Pick One Exercise from List (Not the One Mile or 1.5 Mile Run)- MAX Reps
- Seated Hamstrings Stretch- 3 Sets of 30 Seconds
- Make sure you do your normal warm-up, whatever it is, before you begin. I recommend the Real Anime Training Warm-up, but for the de-conditioned, that warm-up might feel like a workout itself.
- Rest 60-90 seconds in between the sets of sit-ups.
- Rep Percent of Max Rounded Down means that if you initially could only do eleven push-ups, then you should do sets of 5, 6, and 8 for your workout, with 30-45 seconds of rest between sets. The same applies for the pull-ups: if you only get 3 initially, then your rep count for the workout would be 1, 1, and 2, because it's rounded down.
- Rest 90-120 seconds in between sets of the Shuttle Run and rest a full 5 minutes before attempting the distance run after the Shuttle Run.
- The reason for the last maximal set of body weight exercise after everything else, is just to further shock your body, especially if you know you want to work something a little more.
- Rest 15 seconds in between sets of stretching.
- Follow your normal stretching routine after everything. I recommend The Real Anime Training Stretching Routine.
- I would only do this workout twice a week or split it up between three or four days of training to give your body proper rest. If you want to train more than that, use another workout or method of training to avoid overworking muscle groups.
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!