Sendou's Basic Training
- MAX Push-ups
- MAX Sit-ups
- Overhead Press- 8 Reps
- Biceps Curls- 8 Reps
3 Rounds, then
- Run 3 Miles
4-6 Hours Later
- 3 Minutes Shadowboxing
- 3 Minutes Mitt Work
- 3 Minutes Heavy Bag
- Practice the Smash- 15 Reps Each Side
2 Rounds, then
- Sparring- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds
- This workout focuses a little more on strength-building than some of the other basic Ippo workouts, but that's just more Sendou's style.
- You can use a barbell, dumbbells, or kettlebells for your presses and curls, but whatever you do, you should not be able to complete more than 8 reps with whatever weight you pick.
- During your mitt work and bag work, it's not really necessary to practice holding your hands up, because Sendou's full-power style is just concerned with putting more and more strength into every punch, so try to focus on that.
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!
|Sendou just hits things... Really freakin' hard.|