|Even geniuses need to work hard.|
Itagaki's KBG Training
- 3 Mile Run, 7 Sprints Throughout (Shadowbox 15 seconds at the 1, 2, and 3 mile marks.)
Afternoon (4-6 Hours Later)
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Squats
--5 Rounds, then
- 3 x 3 Minute Footwork
- 3 x 3 Minute Shadowboxing
- 3 x 3 Minute Heavy Bag Work OR Mitt Work OR Sparring
- 3 x 3 Minute Jump Rope
- 3 x 3 Minutes Speed Bag Work
- 4 x 100 Meter Sprint (15 seconds rest between sets)
- 30 Seconds on/30 Seconds off x 5 Rounds Speed Punching
- 3 x 200 Meter Sprint (20 seconds rest between sets)
- 20 Seconds on/20 Seconds off x 4 Rounds Speed Punching
- 2 x 400 Meter Sprint (30 seconds rest between sets)
- 15 Seconds on/15 Seconds off x 3 Rounds Speed Punching
- 800 Meter Run (1 Minute rest between sets)
- (CONTINUE ONLY IF 800 METER < 3 MINUTES)
- 10 Seconds on/10 Seconds off x 2 Rounds Speed Punching
- 1600 Meter Run
- Speed Punching to Failure
- You have the option of skill work and conditioning or speed work and conditioning.
- This workout is very similar to the Itagaki's last workout, so use that as a guide.
- For speed punching, your goal is to throw as many punches as possible in the listed time.
- Speed punching to failure means that you punch at high speed until you can't handle it anymore.
- If you are unable to complete the 800 Meter Run in less than 3 minutes, finish the workout and do not continue to the next exercise.
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!