Kenshiro, the main character, encounters a Sergeant, who leads a kill-or-be-killed military regiment from the world before the apocalypse. His soldiers are no match for the main character's Hokuto Shinken, but we still get to see some useful training. This workout is based on the small amount of training that we do see.
Fist of the North Star- The Sergeant's Training
- 20 Push-ups w/135# (vest, backpack, weight plates)
- Climb 20ft of Rope
- Dumbbell Thrusters- 10 x 40#
--5 Rounds, then rest 10 minutes
- 20 Minutes Martial Arts Practice
- 20 Minutes Sparring
- Obviously, if you need to scale this workout back by doing less weight or fewer rounds, please do so. Doing 20 push-ups with 135lbs on your back during a MetCon is not an easy thing.
- If you don't have 20ft of rope, climb 10ft of rope twice or 5ft of rope four times. When it is listed as "X" ft of rope, that means that it starts at chest height. If your rope is only 20ft hanging, you need to subtract your height from below your chest from the length of the rope.
- Dumbbell Thrusters start from a similar position as a Dumbbell Overhead Press or a Dumbbell Front Squat. You'll squat down to full squat depth and at the top of the squat you will do a push press. If you need some assistance on this one, reference here.
- Your martial arts practice can be forms, shadowboxing, bag work, technique or combo practice, or anything that you like, even weapons training.
- Be safe when sparring. Wear at least a mouthpiece and cup. It is recommended that you wear more gear for safety's sake, but at least those. If you wear less gear, pull back your contact. Only go full contact if you're at least wearing gloves, shin-pads, and headgear.
- You can also grapple, instead of sparring.
That's all for today. Hope you enjoy this one and hopefully, I'll be able to get some more out of Fist of the North Star. Until next time, good luck and train hard!