Basic Training with James Shiba
- Run 3 Miles- Goal: 21 Minutes (Add 10lbs to vest or backpack every time you reach 21 minute goal)
- 500 Punches to Heavy Bag (see notes)
- 100 Jumping Hindu Squats (see notes)
- 5 x 3 Minute Rounds Shadowboxing
- You'll notice there's not too many exercises here, but there's definitely ways to make it more difficult.
- For the run, add a weighted vest or backpack when you reach the 21 minute goal.
- On the punches, when you reach 500 punches without stopping, add 500 more punches.
- For the Jumping Hindu Squats I would recommend using LifelineUSA's Portable Power Jumping after you reach 100 straight reps of Jumping Hindu Squats to increase the difficulty.
- When you become comfortable with your shadowboxing, you can increase the difficulty using LifelineUSA's Power Punch.
Have fun with this one. I, personally hope they show more of Takeda's training in the rest of the series. Until then, this is what we've got. Enjoy!
Until next time, good luck and train hard!