Fei Long's Cardiovascular Training
1. Roadwork- Jog (1 Minute)-- Sprint! (Keep it up!)-- Walk (1 Minute)--- As many sets as you can!
2. Fighter Complex
- Shadowboxing- 3 Minutes (1 Minute Complete Rest); loosen up, work on good form
- Shadowboxing- 2 Minutes (1 Minute Complete Rest); work harder (speed and more speed)
- Shadowboxing- 2 Minutes (1 Minute Complete Rest); push yourself (the fastest, but keep good form)
- Rope Jumping- 5 Minutes; try all footwork
- Heavy Bagwork- 3 Minutes (1 Minute Rest); all kicks (side, hook, spin, straight, round)
- Heavy Bagwork- 3 Minutes (1 Minute Rest); all punches (hooks, straights, jabs, backfist)
- Light bag- 3 Minutes (1 Minute Rest)
- Shadowboxing- 3 Minutes (1 Minute Rest); loosen up
- A jog is not quite a full run, it's a relatively easy pace.
- When it says "Keep it up!" I just mean to sprint until you can't and then use the walking period to recover for the next jogging portion.
- The Light Bag is probably a speed bag or a double-end bag, so use either if you have them. If not, you can just do more Heavy Bag.
- The last run should be done as fast a pace as possible. Try to keep the same pace the entire distance, though.
That's all for today guys. I hope you enjoy the Bruce Lee-style workouts. Until next time, good luck and train hard!