Friday, August 26, 2011

Tenacity for Ten Rounds (Hajime no Ippo)

In his next bout, Ippo goes up against a veteran, with around 30 fights under his belt. According to Coach Kamogawa, this is to be Ippo's last fight before he battles Miyata. Ippo was originally not focusing on the this match, until Date brought to Ippo's attention that this particular fighter Take Keiichi, has a wealth of experience and a history of being able to wear fighters down, because he is notoriously difficult to knock out. After that conversation, Ippo kicks it into high gear for the next month to build the stamina to punch continuously for 10 rounds straight.

Tenacity for Ten Rounds




Morning

  • 3 Mile Run, 7 Sprints Throughout (Shadowbox for 15 seconds at the end of each sprint)
  • Weaving Practice- 5 x 1 Minute Rounds
  • Shadowboxing- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds
4-6 Hours Later
-OPTION 1
  • 20 Push-ups
  • 20 Sit-ups
  • 20 Squats
--10 Rounds OR
-OPTION 2
  • MAX One Arm Push-ups (Each Side)
  • MAX Decline Sit-ups
  • MAX Jumping Hindu Squats 
--5 Rounds, then
  • 10 x 800 Meter Sprints (Goal: < 3 Minutes/sprint)
  • 5 x 100 Meter Hill Pushing
  • 2 Mile Run with Tire(s)
  • 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Mitt Work 
  • 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Heavy Bagwork
  • 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Shadowboxing
  • 10 x 3 Minute Rounds Mitt Work
  • 10 x 3 Minute Rounds Heavy Bagwork 
  • Neck Bridging- 3 Minutes
  • Horizontal Sledgehammering- 100 Strikes Left, 100 Strikes Right
  • Vertical Sledgehammering- 100 Strikes Left, 100 Strikes Right, 100 Strikes Together
Notes:
  • This is very similar to the last workout, except for those two little 10 Rounders thrown in there. You can use your normal pace for the 3 Rounders, but on the 10 Rounders, I want you to focus on going non-stop. Don't think, just punch. 
  • Once again, like last time, this stuff is getting ridiculous. So, on that note, I am currently developing a plan for you guys to build up to this level. Ippo is one of those series that you can't really pick a workout and just do it-- you need to have the foundations built from the earlier training in order to complete or succeed in the later training.

I have been really, really busy recently, so I apologize for the delay. However, like I said, I have been working on a pretty cool project that I think you guys will enjoy. I am currently modifying my own training for the project as well. I really hope you guys enjoy it, when it's done. 

That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!

4 comments:

robisntdrunk said...

Adding this to my routine so im wondering, how much of a break is between everything? Or no break and just keep going? Including the morning run and the weaving/shadowboxing

The Anime Trainer said...

Man, if you can do this routine, you're a monster!

For the morning, let your breathing calm down after the run and then go through the rounds with 1 minute rest in between rounds.

For the second part of the workout, you can take a break between the bodyweight exercises and the rest of it. In between the sets of sprints, pushes and the two miles with the tire, I'd let your heart rate and breathing return to where you can talk comfortably before continuing.

After that, I'd bust right through all the rounds with normal 1 minute rest periods in between.

This is something that could take you all day, because it's just so brutal.

Hell, I'm not even gonna touch it on a regular basis for a long time. I'm working my way up to it, although running has never been my strong suit, so I'm having to build up to it.

Let me know how it goes, man!

robisntdrunk said...

Pff monster?! I'm trying to train to be able to eat those things called "monsters" alive!

I actually plan on doing this combined with a couple of other workouts daily or every other day. I can't do some things though, no mitt holder, I might do the hill pushing but i can't pull a tire around, people already think im weird enough lol (replaced it with a weighted vest).

Thanks for the help and I know that feel when it comes to running...I finished the 3 mile run drenched in sweat when i tried it.

The Anime Trainer said...

Gotcha. Just be careful and don't overtrain. It's a tempting road, but just leads to injury and sickness.

Good luck!

Welcome to Real Anime Training!

Congratulations! You've found the internet's original home for anime/fictional/nerdy fitness.  We've been dropping workouts and ...