Evolving the Dempsey Roll
- 3 Mile Run, 7 Sprints Throughout (Shadowbox 15 seconds at the end of each sprint)
- Weaving Practice- 5 x 1 Minute Rounds
- Shadowboxing 3 x 3 Minute Rounds
4-6 Hours Later
- 100 Push-ups
- 100 Sit-ups
- 100 Squats
- 3 Minutes Neck Bridging
- 3 Minutes Headstand Work
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds of Jump Rope
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds of Heavy Bagwork
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds of Mitt Work
- Running with Tire(s)- 2 Sets (5 Minutes Rest in Between)*
- Practice Stopping and Reversing Dempsey Roll- 10 Reps Each Direction
- 3 x 3 Minute Rounds Hard Sparring
- Sledgehammer Swings- 100 Left, 100 Right, 100 Both Hands
- You'll start pulling one tire on your run and will eventually get to point where you are pulling three. The pace is going to be a hard run for the entire set. Not a sprint, but not a jog, either. You'll keep up this pace until you are just barely able to jog, then that will end the set. Rest five minutes and start the second set in the same fashion. Since the point is to build stamina, there is not a time limit, nor a distance to this training.
- For the Dempsey Roll Practice, you will start in the the typical Dempsey Roll figure-8 pattern and will suddenly stop and reverse the direction. You can even start punching, stop mid-punch, and reverse it. You'll do this ten time in each direction.
- For the Hard Sparring, it is recommended you wear headgear, even though Ippo and Vorg did not.
- For the left and right swings, you will swing the sledgehammer one-handed. It is recommended that you start with a 2lb sledge and eventually move to a 4lb, a 6lb, and so forth. However, you want to be very comfortable with the weight of the sledge before moving up at all. You will be striking down into a tire for this training. This will build the muscles in your hands, forearms, arms, and back.
That's all for this today, guys! Until next time, good luck and train hard!