Ippo's First Three Fights
- 3 Mile Run (5 Sprints Throughout)
4-6 Hours Later
- 20 Push-ups
- 20 Sit-ups
- 20 Hindu Squats
4 Rounds, then
- 3 Minutes Neck Bridging
- 3 Minutes Headstand Work
- 3 x 1 Minute Heavy Bag "Sprint"
- 3 x 3 Minutes Jump Rope
- 5 Minutes Speed Bag Practice (if available)
- 4 x 3 Minutes Shadowboxing or Heavy Bag work
- 1 Mile Run
- 3 Sets of 20 Medicine Ball Ab Strikes
- The workout begins with four rounds of push-ups, sit-ups, and hindu squats. There is no rest in between rounds.
- For Heavy Bag "Sprints," lay into a heavy bag as hard and as fast as you can for the time limit. There is a 1 minute rest period between "sprints."
- The speed bag is useful for developing one's timing. It will take some getting used to, but you'll get it with practice.
- Medicine Ball Ab Strikes can be done by dropping a medicine ball on your midsection while you are laying down, or having someone hit your abs while standing, with your arms behind your head. There is a 1 minute rest in between sets.
- Added neck bridging, so we don't lose all that great neck strength we've built up to this point. If you can do the full three minutes, you can press a weight or hold it on your chest. Also, some headstand work.
That's all for today. Until next time, good luck and train hard.
P.S.- Sorry I haven't put a lot up, I've been sick for a few days and haven't felt like doing anything.