Natsu's Combat Workout
- Fire Dragon's Claw- 100 Roundhouse Kicks to Heavy Bag (each side)
- Fire Dragon's Iron Fist- 100 Straight Punches to Heavy Bag (each side)
- Fire Dragon's Wing Attack- 50 Throws of Heavy Bag from Bear Hug/Underhook
- Fire Dragon's Sword Horn- 20 Headbutts (top of head) to Heavy Bag
- Crimson Lotus: Fire Dragon's Fist- 30 Sec On/30 Sec Off All-Out Punching to Heavy Bag (until tired)
- Free Fight Training- 3 x 5 Minutes of Shadowboxing/Heavy Bag/Mitt Work/Sparring (pick any)
- Make sure you keep good form for this workout. The main point of the first part of the workout is just perfecting technique and building strength. You should set up each strike and make sure your form is perfect and then hit the bag with full force. You can build cardio and your rhythm and everything else during the last part.
- You may land kicks with your foot or shin, your choice.
- Your straight punches can be boxing-style, karate-style, or whatever style of martial arts you practice.
- Try to throw the heavy bag over your head if you can. If that is not possible, try to throw it behind you over your shoulder or around your body.
- On the headbutts, try to start light and build up to being able to hit hard. You don't want to injure your neck or your brain by slamming your skull into the bag super hard right off the bat.
- The 30 sec all-out/30 sec off just means you will hit the bag as hard and fast as possible for 30 seconds and then rest for 30 seconds. You will repeat this until you are unable to continue another round.
That's all for today! Until next time, good luck and train hard!