Sailor Moon- "The Beauty Workout"
- Pull-ups (or assisted Pull-ups)- 3 x 10 Reps
- Alternating Dumbbell Overhead Press- 3 x 15 Reps
- Chest Fly Machine- 3 x 15 Reps
- Rowing Machine- 10 Minutes*
- Treadmill- 10 Minutes*
- Exercise Bike- 10 Minutes*
- If you are unable to do pull-ups, you may use an assisted pull-up machine, use a jumping pull-up or even a half-pull up in order to get to the appropriate rep count.
- You should be selecting a weight or mode of resistance that you are unable to get more than 15 reps with. The 15th rep should be your final rep. If you can get 16 or 17 reps, you probably need to increase the weight. As with all weight-lifting, control the weight through the entire movement.
- On the Alternating Dumbbell Overhead Press, you will start from the bottom position, with the weight at your shoulders, ready to press. Next, you will press either the left or the right arm to full extension and bring it back to the starting position. Repeat with the opposite side. That is one rep.
- The instructions for the particular chest fly machine you are using should be on the machine. If not, make sure that you can position the arms of the machine in such a fashion that you are not having to reach behind you to lift the weight off the stack and make sure that when you squeeze your arms together that you are not banging the machine arms against themselves.
- For the Rowing Machine, Treadmill, and Exercise Bike, you will be using the equipment non-stop for the allotted time-frame. Therefore, select a pace at which you can sustain for the entire time period, even if it is just a walk for the treadmill.
- The * portion on the cardio equipment means that you will select one of the exercises, if your fitness allows, and do that particular machine for 30 minutes, instead of 10. It can be whichever machine you like, but you should ONLY do it if your fitness allows.
|Somehow this doesn't feel quite right.|